NRA Basic Pistol
This safety course is taught by friendly NRA and State Certified Instructors and meets Mass. resident requirement for a basic firearm safety course.
- This safety course is taught by friendly NRA and State Certified Instructors and meets Mass. resident requirement for a basic firearm safety course.
- A certificate is awarded at the successful completion of the course.
- Course cost is $150.00. Paid in advance by check or money order only. Credit cards can be accepted in person at the club. No cash accepted.
- Classes are held on five consecutive Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. Call for upcoming schedule.
- Enrollment is open to any candidate who can meet and maintain the course requirements: i.e. Age, physical adaptability, attendance and course performance.
- The club will provide all necessary equipment, including guns, targets, ammo, safety glasses and hearing protection as well as all class materials and use of range.
- On range firing of .22LR, 9mm semi-auto , 40 cal, 45 ACP and .38 revolvers with close supervision and a controlled environment to insure the highest safety standards.
- Individual Instruction is available whenever necessary during any aspect of your training.
- Persons successfully completing the MVGC pistol class receive a $35.00 discount on a club membership.
If you have any other questions or wish to reserve a place in the class:
Call the club and leave a message on ext. 1, ask for John Barry or come down any Wednesday between the hours of 7:00pm and 9:30 pm.
Introduction to Defensive Pistol
This introductory course is designed to be a "next step" for students who have successfully completed the NRA Basic Pistol course or the equivalent. We'll teach how to safely draw from the holster, engage multiple targets, shoot on the move, etc. In addition to being an excellent overview of practical defensive pistol techniques, it also gives you the basics needed to compete in "action style" pistol competition like IDPA, USPSA, IPSC, etc. Our instructors are active action pistol competitors, NRA certified instructors, coaches, and / or range safety officers. Many of our students go on to compete in USPSA and other exciting action pistol sports.
A prerequisite for this course is successful completion of the NRA Basic Pistol course or equivalent.